(F) Visa is issued to an alien who is invited to China on a visit, on a study or lecture, business tour, for scientific-technological and cultural exchanges, for short-term advanced studies or for intern practice, for a period of no more than six months.
1. Valid passport with a validity period of at least six (6) months and at least one blank page left in it.
2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1) with one recent 2" x 2" photo (black & white or color is acceptable, attached to the application form).
3. The applicant may be asked to submit an invitation letter from the host company or unit in China.
4. An applicant born in China who has obtained foreign citizenship should submit his/her original Chinese passport when applying for a Chinese visa for the first time. If the applicant has been a foreign citizen for long and a new foreign passport has replaced the old one, he/she needs to submit the old foreign passport.
To apply for a Multiple Entry (F) Visa, the applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The applicant has a visa notification issued by the authorized Chinese unit, which specifies the validity, number of entries and duration of stay for the visa application; or
(2) The applicant has made an investment in China. Please submit the original and photocopy of the Chinese business license carrying the name of the applicant (The original one will be returned after checking); or
(3) The applicant is in a position of management in an American company which has a subsidiary in China. Please submit an application letter from the American company and an invitation letter from the Chinese subsidiary company; or
(4) The applicant has visited China more than twice with the (F) visa within the past 12 months. Please submit a copy of the visa and an invitation letter from China; or
(5) The applicant needs to visit China frequently in order to execute contracts signed with a Chinese company. Please submit the original and photocopy of the contract (The original one will be returned after checking).
If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
Application submission and processing time:
1. An applicant shall go in person or send someone else or a travel/visa agent to go to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in the consular jurisdiction where the applicant resides for application process.
● No appointment is required.
● Mail applications are not acceptable and will be refused.
2. The regular processing time is 4 working days. For express service, additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applicable only to travelers making funeral arrangements, visiting a patient in a critical condition or on urgent business), or $20 for 2-3 working days processing will be charged. Visa fee, validity and duration of stay:
1. Cash, money order, cashier’s check and company check are acceptable.
2. The check or money order shall be made payable to Chinese Embassy or Chinese Consulate.
3. Visa fees:
Number of Entry
Citizens of other countries
Multiple entry within 6 months
Multiple entry within 12 months
Usually, the validity of a single entry visa is 3 months and the validity of a double entry visa is 6 months from the date of issuance. Unless specified on the application form and approved by the consular officer, the duration of stay is 30 days.
1. The validity, duration of stay, and number of entries of the visa is issued at the discretion of the Consular Officers, whose decisions are based on Chinese laws and regulations.
2. The Consular Officers have the authority to refuse any visa applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations, or revoke issued visas.
All information provided above is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion and interpretation of this Consulate General.
Numerous relic sites in Zhejiang incorporated into national program
November 25, 2021
Hangzhou company shares experience of BSE listing
November 25, 2021
Exhibition about Xu Zhimo, his intl friends held in Haining
November 24, 2021