Home> Visas

Inviting Foreigners to China and Applying for Approval

zj.gov.cn| Updated: July 27, 2016 L M S

I. Foreigners may visit China by filing an application with the Chinese embassy or consulate stationed abroad in the following ways:

1. Applying for an F Visa (for visitation) or L Visa (for tourism).

2. Applying for visas with the invitation letters from Chinese government departments, enterprises or institutions.

3. Applying for visas with “the Authorized Notification Form for Visa”.

II. The procedures for handling “Authorized Notification Form for Visa” (hereafter referred to as the Form) are as follows:

1. Apply to the approval authorities in charge in accordance with relevant regulations, procedures and requirements.

2. Handle the Form with the documents ratified by the approval authority.

3. The host organization faxes or sends the Form to the foreigners, with which the foreigners may handle the visas.

III. Handling affairs, procedures and requirements of Zhejiang Foreign Affairs Office

1. To invite the governmental officials at or above deputy ministerial or provincial level or invite former important government leaders, the relevant provincial departments (units) or relevant municipal people’s governments shall submit written applications to the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province. Such affairs shall be handled directly by Zhejiang Foreign Affairs Office.

2. As for other affairs concerned with foreigners’ visiting to China which are subject to Zhejiang Foreign Affairs Office, the relevant provincial departments (units) or relevant municipal people’s governments or the municipal FAOs authorized by them shall submit applications to Zhejiang Foreign Affairs Office in a table form.

Applicants shall submit the following documents in triplicate:
(1) requests or Approval Form for Inviting Foreigners to China, which can be downloaded by clicking “Table Download” and selecting “Download” in “On-line service” on our website;

(2) photocopies of foreigners’ passports;

(3) previous visas and records of entry and exit;

(4) cooperation agreements or contracts; and

(5) other materials which the examination and approval authorities deem necessary.

IV. Other foreigners whose visits to China are approved by other authorities shall apply for approval according to the respective prescribed procedures.