Fernando Alonso stand-in Stoffel Vandoorne scored McLaren’s first point of the season on Sunday after a faultless drive to 10th place on his Grand Prix debut in Bahrain.
McLaren's Fernando Alonso has revealed he suffered fractured ribs and a collapsed lung in his frightening crash in Melbourne 10 days ago, and admits he cannot guarantee he will be cleared to race in China in two weeks' time.
Rosberg’s team mate Lewis Hamilton dropped to ninth on the opening lap after Turn 1 contact with Williams’ Valtteri Bottas, but in a damaged car fought his way back to secure a lonely final podium place.
At Sunday’s 2016 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix, a mid-race stoppage after a huge accident involving Fernando Alonso helped Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg to what had looked an unlikely victory.
- 2015 Lewis Hamilton (MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS)
- 2014 Lewis Hamilton (MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS )
- 2013 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2012 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2011 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2010 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)