F1 drivers shows unity over criticized rules
F1 drivers from top left clockwise: Sauber driver Marcus Ericsson of Sweden, Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg of Germany, Renault driver Kevin Magnussen of Denmark, Williams driver Valtteri Bottas of Finland, and Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen of Finland attended a press conference ahead of the F1 Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai, April 14, 2016.
Nearly all drivers participating in the Chinese GP got together for dinner on Wednesday when Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton offered to treat them but ending up splitting the bill. The drivers at the dinner posed for selfies to show their unity over the much-debated direction of the sport earlier this year when a rolling elimination format for qualifying was introduced.
The drivers' association wrote a letter to the F1 stakeholders amid the frustration in March and a decision is going to be made later in April.
- 2015 Lewis Hamilton (MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS)
- 2014 Lewis Hamilton (MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS )
- 2013 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2012 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2011 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)
- 2010 Sebastian Vettel (SCUDERIA FERRARI)