Danmo Liufang Memorial Archway

Updated : January 3, 2024

The memorial archway inscription reads Danmo Liufang, which literally means light ink calligraphy lasts forever. The archway was built during the reign of Emperor Hongwu (1368-98) a symbol of his recognition of Kuang Ruzhen's calligraphy. Kuang was an imperial scholar and civic official during his reign and was especially specialized in light ink calligraphy.

The archway is made of three four-pillar stone memorial gates, stretching for 10 meters in width and 8.6 meters in height. It was originally set in the ancestral hall of the Kuang Family which was destroyed during the period of the Republic of China (1912-49), while the archway was preserved.

图片 1.jpg

Danmo Liufang Memorial Archway [Photo/the official WeChat account of Baiyun district]

The archway was approved as a cultural relic protection site of Guangzhou in December 2008. Featuring a dignified and elegant architectural style of the Ming Dynasty, it is the largest and best-preserved stone archway in Baiyun district of Guangzhou.

  • fb

Copyright © Baiyun District, Guangzhou City.
All rights reserved. Presented by China Daily.
粤公网安备 44011102000010号