Major Functions of DRC
The Development Research Center of the State Council (DRC) is a comprehensive policy research and consulting institution directly under the State Council, the central government of the People's Republic of China. Its major functions include:
1. Conduct follow-up and advanced study on overall, comprehensive, strategic and long-term issues in national economic and social development and provide policy recommendations and advice to the CPC Central Committee and the State Council; provide decision-making proposals for mid- and long-term development plans and regional development policies; participate in and sponsor the study and demonstration of development programs by relevant departments and localities and offer its advice and proposals;
2. Study trends in the development of the national economy and analyze the macro-economic situation so as to provide advice and proposals for the overall application of macro-economic policies;
3. Study industrial economic development and industrial policies; offer advice and proposals on adjusting the industrial structure, investment structure, enterprise organization structure and ownership structure; offer advice on policies for technology selection and innovation as well as the development of new and high technologies;
4. Study issues in agriculture and rural economic structure adjustment, rural economic system change, rural economy and social management as well as coordinated development of urban-rural areas;
5. Study the new situation and new issues in China's opening-up, as well as foreign trade and foreign investment utilization policies, and provide policy recommendations; conduct research on trends in world economic development, as well as on relevant experiences and lessons, so as to provide reference for China's reform and development;
6. Study policies for human resources development, income distribution and social security in national economic and social development, as well as policies for rational development and utilization of natural resources, ecological balance and environmental protection;
7. Make assessment on major economic and social policy initiatives and effects under the instruction of CPC Central Committee and the State Council; interpret major national policies and experience relating to economic and social development;
8. Undertake drafting of relevant documents and articles entrusted by leading members of CPC Central Committee and the State Council
9. Conduct international collaborative research and exchanges with relevant international organizations and research institutions and provide information and foreign-related policy recommendations to the CPC Central Committee and the State Council;
10. Undertake other missions entrusted by the State Council.
DRC's Core Value
Seek truth from facts and bring forth new ideas while keeping a just and impartial stand
Seek truth: respect facts, firmly put theory into practice and make in-depth research to find out and reflect the real facts. Value facts: conduct research in an earnest, rigorous and professional manner and put forward practical policy suggestions based on truth and facts.
Keeping a just and impartial stand: adhere to the basic direction of providing policy recommendations and advice to the CPC Central Committee and the State Council for policy making, conduct research with an objective and rational attitude, observe professional ethics and academic guidelines, and strive to be scholars with conscience and responsibility.
Bring forth new ideas: emancipate the mind and bring forth innovative ideas, constantly produce new research findings and foster new talents, and render intelligent support to the CPC Central Committee and the State Council for scientific decision-making.
The Academic Committee is DRC's top academic management body leading the research work. Members of the committee have senior academic titles with rich research experience and prominent academic achievements. They enjoy remarkable influence in certain research domains and strong ability of organizing research work.
The committee consists of a Chairman, a certain number of Vice Chairmen and a Secretary General. The Chairman and Vice Chairmen are elected by all the members of the committee. The Secretary General is designated by the Chairman, and a number of Deputy Secretary Generals are designated to assist the work of the Secretary General. The Chairman is responsible for the overall work of the committee, the Secretary General is responsible for the implementation of specific work and the Research Management Division under the General Office of DRC is the working unit of the committee.
The Committee is responsible for the overall planning of DRC's research work, selecting research subjects, assessing research achievements, and recommending candidates for the National Science and Technology Progress Prize.
The main tasks of the Committee include: establish key research subjects, draft research subjects for bidding, assess bid documents and determine bid winners; organize academic exchanges and intermediate appraisals of key research subjects; organize assessment of DRC's research results as well as the appraisals and elections of distinguished research achievements; appraise and recommend candidates for China Development Research Prize and the National Science and Technology Progress Prize; hold regular meetings to discuss the research work of DRC.
Committee for Assessment of Academic Qualifications
The Committee for Assessment of Academic Qualifications of DRC carries out the annual assessment of academic qualifications of DRC's researchers and formulates the prerequisites of the applicants for academic titles in accordance with the national rules and regulations on academic qualification assessment and the practical situation of DRC.
Address: No. 225, Chaoyangmennei Dajie
People's Republic of China
Postal code: 100010