- Message from Director General>
- National Education System>
- Organizational Structure>
- Policies and Missions>
Basic Requirements for Universities on Recruiting International Students
1. The applicant shall be a non-Chinese citizen holding a valid foreign passport.
2. The applicant shall hold a high school degree or higher when applying for undergraduate study, and a bachelor's degree or higher when applying for postgraduate study.
3. The applicant shall be 30 years old or younger when applying for undergraduate study, and 35 years old or younger when applying for postgraduate study.
1. Citizens of the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan shall hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years and longer, and have been recorded to have actually lived abroad for more than two years in the past four years (expired by April 30 of the enrollment year and the actual residence abroad for nine months in a year can be regarded as one year as according to the entry and exit signatures).
2. The applicant is friendly to China and healthy in body and mind.
3. The applicant shall perform well in not violating school rules and regulations with such actions as absenteeism or breaking Chinese laws and decrees.
4. The applicant shall stand out in academic performance, as generally, scoring 80 points and higher in each subject or meeting other equivalent requirements. Specific requirements are adjusted according to the applied school.
5. The Chinese language proficiency of applicants applying for majors delivered in Chinese shall be Level 4 or higher of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages. Those not meeting the language proficiency standard can apply for one year of preparatory Chinese language study. Applicants applying for majors delivered in English shall provide commonly recognized English proficiency certificates within the validity, as generally, an IELTS score of 5.5 and higher, a TOEFL score of 75 and higher, or other English proficiency certificates recognized by the applied school. For postgraduate applicants, the requirements shall be an IELTS score of 6 and higher, a TOEFL score of 80 and higher, or other English proficiency certificates recognized by the applied school.
6. The applicant shall not be simultaneously funded by full scholarships such as the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, or school scholarships.