Home> Services  >   Work in China  >   Job Security

Foreigners seeking employment in China need to enter into labor contracts with employers

Updated: Mar 21, 2018 Print

In accordance with Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China,the employer and its foreign employee should,in accordance with law,conclude a labor contract,the term of which shall not exceed five years. The work permit of the employed foreigner shall cease to be effective upon the expiration of the term of the labor contract between the foreigner and his employer. If renewal is required,the employer should,within thirty days prior to the expiration of the contract,submit an application to the labor administrative authorities for the extension of term of employment,and after approval is obtained,proceed to go through formalities for the extension of the work permit.

If the employer continues to hire the applicant in the same post (occupation), a new application should be filed to the decision-making body 30 days prior to the expiration date of the applicant’s work permit, but not earlier than 90 days before the permit’s expiration date.

Copyright©2017 China Daily. All rights reserved.